W. MÜLLER GmbH was founded in 1976 in Germany and has been privately owned and operated by the Müller family since its inception. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of extrusion heads, extruders and control systems for retrofitting existing blow molding machines. W. Müller extrusion heads are also available on new, premier brand blow molding machines.
W. MÜLLER USA, was founded in 1997 and is located in the greater Springfield, Massachusetts area. It is the fast growing sales and service organization established for the W. Müller GmbH customer base in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central- and South-America. Both the German and U.S. locations maintain an extensive inventory of spare parts and offer sampling facilities equipped with 7-layer co-extrusion blow molding machines to support customers in their research & development of new blow molded products. For our US operations we are seeking a
Field Electrician- (Service) Technician
Principle Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide quality installations for machine start-ups
- Perform maintenance and repairs of extrusion heads at our customer’s facilities
- Trouble-shooting of electrical and mechanical components
- After sales and service communication with customers
- Technical training and customer support onsite and by telephone
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience within the plastics industry
- Solid electrical background and knowledge (Associates Degree desired)
- Plastic processing knowledge, preferable in multi-layer extrusion
- Good technical understanding
- MS-Windows and MS-Office proficiency
- PLC proficiency (programming/trouble shooting)
- Ability to read electrical and other mechanical prints as well as technical documentation
- Willingness to travel up to 100%, incl. weekends and holidays, when required
- International travel to all Americas & Europe is required
- Above average commitment and loyalty
- High resilience and good stress management
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with team members
- Customer and Service oriented
- Analytical skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements
- Intercultural competencies
- Languages: English (fluent), Spanish or German desirable
The Position is not necessarily based in Agawam, MA. The ideal candidate should live not further than 2hrs driving distance away from a major international US airport.
We offer an individual training program based on your experience. This includes intensive, machine specific, electrical & technical training in Germany. Additionally we offer an outstanding benefit and salary package - commensurate with experience - and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, 401K pension plan and 4 weeks’ vacation. A relocation package is available if desired.
Would you like to be part of this well established, successful and fast growing team? For confidential consideration, send your resume, salary requirements, and possible start date to Jens Schlueter, General Manager @ jens.schlueter(at)mullerheads.com.
W. Müller USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Here you find our job advertisement as a download in PDF